"...and bless the man who invented sleep, a cloak to cover over all human thought, food that drives away hunger, water that banishes thirst, fire that heats up cold, chill that moderates passion and, finally universal currency with which all things can be bought, weight and balance that brings the shepherd and the king, the fool and the wise, to the same level." Don Quixote, Vol. 2, Ch. 68

 

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Paris

During Jerry and Dave's visit, Russ and I stole away 3 much needed and over due days and went to Paris. It was perfect. We've never had this much time together since before Josh was born. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves! Paris was cold, but wonderful. On our first day we climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. I personally find it humorous that the person taking our picture managed to perfectly line up the guard rail with the Eiffel Tower - blocking out most of it in the picture :) I laughed when I saw this pic the first time!

We stopped and had lunch on the Champ-Elysees. This is the best French Onion soup I've ever had!

We toured the Louvre. Here's us outside of it. It's absolute huge and a bit overwhelming. We took the 90 minutes English language tour, saw the highlights, walked a bit around on our own and felt pretty satisfied. You could easily spend 2 full days touring it's entirety.

Another day we went to the Palace of Versailles. I can't imagine what it cost the French to build this, but they're making it all back in Tourism that's for sure. It was crowded but definitely worth seeing. The Gardens alone cover the span of a small town. Here's a picture of me on a bridge at the Hamlet, a small community, in the far East side of the Gardens. It was so peaceful there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home