"...and bless the man who invented sleep, a cloak to cover over all human thought, food that drives away hunger, water that banishes thirst, fire that heats up cold, chill that moderates passion and, finally universal currency with which all things can be bought, weight and balance that brings the shepherd and the king, the fool and the wise, to the same level." Don Quixote, Vol. 2, Ch. 68

 

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Q&A with Emory

Q: How'd you get your name?
A: Emory - my mommy and daddy just really liked it. Helene - it's a variation of my great-grandma's (my Nana's mommy) name Helen. Browder - they tell me it's been in the family for years.

Q: What's your favorite thing about being in the outside world now?
A: I found my fingers the other day - that was fun, and tasty. Most of all, I like sleeping and being held.

Q: What's been the biggest adjustment?
A: I got my first cold after only 10 days. That made breathing tough, especially at night. Mom and Dad say my brother gave it to me. Thanks a lot bro! My doctor says I should be OK soon, although I'm still a bit stuffed up.

Q: Have things been pretty much as you expected, or have their been some big surprises?
A: There's a lot more room out here. I have this huge bed all to myself. And look at the size of that butterfly I sleep under. It's huge.

Q: What's the biggest lesson you've learned so far?
A: Teamwork. We've all got to work together around here. I try to do my part by being really sweet and easy. My brother makes most of the noise, so I don't compete with that too much. If I think I can stretch a three hour sleep to four or five, I just go for it and mommy really seems to appreciate it.


PS: Emory's first video is now available at the link to the left.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the new baby girl emory. she is the cuties thing i ever seen. she is even cutier than my grandfather Gabe!
love Deanna dallal in dallas tx

Sun Oct 22, 06:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home